Nicky graduated as a physiotherapist from The University of Otago in 2007 and completed her post graduate certificate in hand and upper-limb therapy in 2010. She has spent the last decade in the North Island working in busy hand therapy centers in both the public and private settings in close relationship with hand and upper limb surgeons. This has given her a range of experience in dealing with acute injuries, post op management of complex cases as well as management of more chronic conditions.
- Acute presentation hand and wrist injuries
- Post surgery hand rehabilitation including wound and scar management
- Management of arthritis and other chronic hand conditions
- Return to sport post hand injury
- Paediatric hand rehab
- Occupational overuse hand injuries.
Outside of work Nicky enjoys skiing, trail riding, tramping and running to keep fit but most of her spare time is spent with her young family.