Louise, our principal physio, has spent more than ten years on the front line working with Queenstown’s injured skiers, mountain bikers and trail runners to get them back out into the mountains.
She completed her Physiotherapy degree at the University of Sydney in 2002, and her Post Graduate Certificate in Physiotherapy (endorsed in Acupuncture) at Otago University in 2006. She is a member of the New Zealand Physiotherapy Association and an ACC Approved provider.
- Lumbar spine and lower limb dysfunction
- Vestibular (dizziness) and balance rehabilitation
- Nerve and chronic pain solutions
- Pilates and exercise based rehabilitation
- Running assessment and running injury rehabilitation
- Golf injury rehabilitation in conjunction with Georgia Mahoney (LPA Golf Professional)
- Master cancer rehabilitation physiotherapist through the Pinc Cancer Rehabilitation Trust
Other interesting stuff about Louise:
Louise is an educator to other Physiotherapists and fitness professionals in NZ and Australia and frequently gives painful lectures (ha ha 🙂 )like “Exercise for the management of low back pain”, “Evidence for exercise in low back pain management” to fitness professionals and other physiotherapists. Louise also authors many of The Studio’s blogs – you can read her musings here if you like.
Like most Queenstown locals Louise is a lover of all things outdoors. She is a keen trail runner, tramper (hiker), downhill and back country skier, kayaker, surfer and occasional sailor. Although she often completes triathlons, kayak and cross country mountain bike races she much prefers the camaraderie and achievement of completing long distance trips with friends in the great outdoors.